Drop Weight Tear Tester [DWTT]
Increase in the demands of high operating pressures of line-pipes and larger diameters, further increase the demands of high strength steels. This drives “ADMECH“ for the development of higher strength Drop Weight Tear Tester (DWTT) that delivers for the maximum energy level of 30,000 Joules.
The Drop Weight Tear Testers measure the fracture characteristics and ductility of steel specimens according to ASTM-E436, API-RP5L3, ASTM-E208 and DIN EN 10274 standards.
Excellent results are committed with fully automatic PLC controlled DWTT with Hydraulic Shock Absorbers for drop weight tear testing of “Specimen“ according to the standards ASTM-E436, API-RP5L3, ASTM-E208 and DIN EN 10274.
We offer, four different automatic PLC controlled DWTTs;
These maintenance free DWTT machines are highly robust in construction yet smooth in operation. Moreover, the machines are supplied with optional auxiliary equipments like Hydraulic Notch Making Press and Deep Freezer to cool the specimen up to minus-(-) 80Â°C.
Various precautions are taken while manufacturing the machines and these are flexible enough to cater almost all the required test applications. The easy to use control software ensures consistency with quality output.
- Easily removable bending tools (Hammer).
- Modular frame design with stainless steel pillars and doors.
- Hydraulic specimen feeding device, equipped outside of testing area.
- Drop weigh is divided in individual weights to adjustable drop energy.
- Four high capacity hydraulic shocks absorbs with accumulators for safe absorption of the excess drop energy.
- Drop weight tear testing DWTT of the “Specimen“ according to standards as per ASTM-E436, API-RP5L3, ASTM-E208 and DIN EN 10274
- Touch-screen Panel with electronic display of height, energy drop weight and dropping speed at predetermined parameters.
- The staples adjustable drop height is reached automatically after input of drop weight and energy.
As mentioned , we have taken care of every aspect and employed all the requisite features that covers the safety issue of our machines. Some of them are as follows;
- Electrical and mechanical safety interlocking.
- Exclusive safety bars provided to ensure human safety in case of catastrophic failures.
- Testing is possible only after checking of all safety parameters, to comply with OSHA requirements (USA).
|Maximum Impact Energy (J)||30000||55000||80000||100000|
|Minimum Impact Energy (J)||6500||7000||15000||15000|
|Maximum Height (mm)||3100||4000||5100||5100|
|Maximum Plate Thickness (mm)||38||50||50||50|
|Raising Height Accuracy (mm)||±5||±5||±5||±5|
|Maximum Strike Weight (kg)||1000||1400||1600||1800|
|Strike Weight Accuracy (%)||±1||±1||±1||±1|
|Striker Velocity (m/sec)||3.0 to 7.0||4.0 to 9.0||4.0 to 9.0||4.0 to 9.0|
|Specimen Alignment Accuracy (mm||±1||±1||±1||±1|
|Base Size L x W x H (mm)||1250x1250x1250||1300x1300x200||1500x1500x200||1600x1600x300|
Our other equipments are as follow:
- Pipe carriage/trolley for UT and X-ray testing of pipes.
- Pipe rotator, Pipe conveyor, pipe transfer trolley, pipe lifting hanger and work aids.
- Welding boom, X-ray and UT boom and post-bending rolls.
- Pipe sizing press, online decoilers, plate flatners/levelers and hydraulic shears.
- Cut to length lines for HR/CR coils with Edge slitters / trimmers and scrap winders.
- Coil handling equipments I.e ‘C’ Hooks, coil brab/tong, coil upender/downender, coil car, coil transfer trolley, slab lifting tong etc.
- DWTT Tube finning machine and finned tube heat exchangers/radiators.